Thursday, March 2, 2017

Hmwrk 5

Before the article gets into Dustin Stanton's work they ask him about his background and how he initially got started designing movie posters. When he responded he said something that I really liked which was "In the hallways at the agency, all the posters that they had designed were hanging and I was a bit struck by it all, thinking...'Wow, I could do that too!" I love that quote, I feel the same way about all the things I find interesting rather it be designing graphics, painting, or drawing when I see others works instead of thinking its impossible for me to do I always tell myself I can do that no matter how grand the work may be. This might seem arrogant, but I believe having a high confidence in a more creative work field is very important. Stanton had that confidence and created awesome posters. From "There Will Be Blood" to "The Master" these posters would of never came into fruition if Stanton wasn't confident in his abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment